What mood do you want to set? Keep in mind the color when setting the mood for your personal room or your bedroom. If you bought a couch of a good look, you would feel relieved when you can sink into the couch having a book in your hands and paint your walls with lavender and cool blue or gray shade. Also, the vibrant shades can include the oranges, yellows, and reds. If luxe look is your sole aim, look for the bright red and wine red to set a luxurious and romantic appeal.
What colors you already have? Take into the consideration several elements including the floor, fixtures, ceiling and existing piece of furniture. You would work amazingly if you work around your space and think about the things you already own. It depends on you only how you would incorporate them into your desired color scheme.
Consider material prior to your color choice. Whether you like leather or a fiber finish, it can determine your color choice. Choosing a gray shade with cotton finish can completely change the look of your interior when you compare with leather. You should have a strong vision and emphasize material best suits your lifestyle.
Consider the maintenance cost & time before you move ahead. There are lots of concerns people often keep in mind while choosing a furniture color. So you should know how much time you want to or can spend on maintenance before picking a lighter or darker shade. Dark colors require less maintenance whereas lighter shades require regular cleaning or vacuuming.
You’ll need to consider the quality of the materials and construction if you require truly hardwearing, solid furniture that will last you for decades to come. Raucord rattan is weatherproof, UV and temperature resistant, colourfast and scratch-free, meaning it’s the superior choice when considering synthetic rattan, although all synthetics should offer a good level of weather-resistance. UV protection is the key feature to look out for or your furniture will become brittle, crack, and/or fade after exposure to the sun.
You should also ensure that your rattan furniture is built over a sturdy, corrosion-free aluminium frame instead or a steel one which will rust if left outdoors.
You’ll also need to consider the weave. Loose weave wicker will likely unravel and look unsightly, so choose a tighter weave and ensure there are no protruding fibres or rough edges.
Both natural and synthetic rattan furniture require very little care other than a spot of cleaning every so often. However, as natural rattan offers less weather-resistance, synthetic rattan is much easier to maintain overall. To clean, you can use warm, soapy water or simply hose your furniture down.
You should also look for high-quality cushions that can be left outside for most of the year, even in rainfall. However, to keep them clean and lasting longer, cushions should be stored during inclement weather conditions and throughout the winter.
Consider the style of your garden and any pre-existing furniture you may have. You’ll want your furniture to be in keeping with the overall look and feel of your space. You can find rattan furniture that’s traditional or contemporary in style so it can easily be incorporated into your space. Consider the function of your furniture – are you looking for a rattan dining set for fine al fresco dining, or a luxury lounger to soak up the sun’s rays? And, though this may seem obvious, be sure to measure your space to ensure your furniture will fit properly as you want to avoid overcrowding.
When you wash the surface make sure that you wring excess water from the sponge or cloth. The more water that comes in contact with the bamboo the softer it will become. More water applied to the furniture can cause it to warp or distort. The water you use during the cleaning process can have a few drops of dishwashing liquid added.
Allow the furniture to dry completely before using it. Although most of the water was removed from the sponge the bamboo can still be deformed if someone sits on it whilst it is still wet. To speed up the process you can use a fan or a hairdryer. To save energy and electricity just let the furniture sit outside in the sun for a few hours.
Once the bamboo is dry you can apply essential oil all over it to keep the wood moist but not wet. The essential oil or furniture oil also maintains the wood throughout the year and gives it a new look.
In a case where one of the legs is cracked, you can apply paste wax to create a seal. By creating the seal you are preventing the breakage from spreading throughout the furniture. When applying this special wax ensure that you have the correct colour so that the damage does not get noticed easily.
Bamboo furniture has been around for a long time and is a popular furniture type in many countries. Although it is highly popular and is quite cheap it still needs to be maintained regularly so that it can last you a long time.
Many people have been enjoying a plethora of benefits using outdoor lounge chairs. This is because these chairs are designed to provide you an ultimate level of comfort and luxury so that you can enjoy being outside relaxing with your loved ones (including family or friends) on the backyard on a sunny day. Not only that, these chairs will make lounge look stunning.
Other than being trendy and comfortable, they’re very functional. Here are some great benefits of using these chairs that you must know before making your choice:
1. Several Choices – Get spoilt for choice as outdoor lounge chairs can be found in a wide range of attractive designs. There’s a design for everyone, so you’re bound to find the one you’re looking for. These chairs are made using different materials. These include aluminum, wrought iron chase, plastic, wooden chase and so on.
2. Multiple Options for Placement – You can choose to place outdoor lounge chairs anywhere in your house. Even though they’re designed to be outdoors, most of these chairs are stylish. You can place them in any area in the house. Right from pools to deck and patio, these chairs will add to the beauty of your house. Need we say more?
3. Multiple Uses – The lounge is an ideal place to bask in the sun. You can consider the idea of using outdoor lounge chairs for other reasons as well, such as reading books, getting a quick sleep or relax and enjoy with your loved ones.
4. Uniform Appearance – When it comes to pleasing designs and stunning styles, there’s no other seating system that can beat these chairs. Outdoor lounge chairs come equipped with cushions and have the back as well as the headrest. The uniform appearance of the remarkable designs makes these chairs perfect to be used in almost every place.
5. Solid Build – The manufacturing quality of these chairs simply remains unparalleled and due to this, the best chairs last much longer even more than you could possibly think. In fact, they can blend well with the aesthetics of your house in the most amazing way.